- Plan interaction that supports their dreams and intentions
Don’t legislate or muffle.
- Allow time for relating and socialising.
Don’t be curt, cold or tight lipped.
- Talk about people and their goals.
Don’t drive to facts, figures and alternatives.
- Focus on people and action items. Put details in writing.
Don’t leave decisions up in the air.
- Ask for their opinion.
Don’t be impersonal or task-oriented
- Provide ideas for implementing action.
Don’t waste time in “dreaming.”
- Use enough time be stimulating, fun, fast moving.
Don’t cut the meeting short or be too businesslike.
- Provide testimonials from people they see as important or promient.
Don’t talk down to them.
- Offer special immediate and extra incentives for their willingness to take risks.
Don’t take too much time. Get action items.