The limitations listed for the High I are tendencies for the pure High I, which represents a very small percentage of the population. Each of these tendencies may be negated by the position of the “D,” “S,” and “C” factor and/or the beliefs of the individual. DISC is a NEUTRAL language.
The High I may:
- Act impulsively, heart over mind.
- Trust people indiscriminately.
- Be inattentive to detail.
- Have difficulty planning and controlling time.
- Overestimate their ability to motivate others or change behaviour.
- Underinstruct and overdelegate.
- Tend to listen only situationally.
- Overuse hand motions and facial expressions when talking.
- Reply too heavily on verbal ability.
The possible limitations of the High I are the opportunities for training and growth. Managing is “getting things done through people.” The task, then, is to make the High I aware of his/her strengths and weakness and train him/her to cognitively make the correct VALUES choices needed for everyone to win.