The high D is highly task driven and fast paced. They dont have time for fluffy conversations. Their aim is to get it done.
They show their love by getting things done. It’s not personal, it’s just business.
Their people skills may need some adjusting if they are expected to get results from working with others that are less task orientated.
They can take your business to stella heights if you manage them well.
Here’s a few tips on how to get the best from them.
- Clearly explain results expected
- Negotiate commitments one-on-one
- Define rules
- Confront face-to-face in all disagreements
- Provide challenging assignments
- Train on understanding and being easier on people
- Assist them in learning to pace self and relax
- Train on understanding teamwork and participation
- Training on listening skills
- Make sure their emotional intensity fits the situation
- Plan advancement an a career path.
High D’s will always be High D’s. Your task as a manager is to bring out the best in them and channel those energies to a win/win situation.
Looking to learn more?
Com along to one of our very popular evening DISC LEADERSHIP WORKSHOPS presented by Daryl Keeley
Ideal for leaders, sales staff and team members seeking to enhance their effectiveness by improving their communication ability.