What are your thoughts on each of these statements?
- You cannot motivate another person; you can only create an environment in which people become self-motivated.
- All people can be motivated
- People do things for their own reasons, and not yours!
- An individual’s strengths overextended may become a weakness
- If I understand me better than you understand me, then I can control the communication or the situation!
- If I understand me, and I understand you better than you understand yourself, I can control you!
Control in statement 5 and 6 are not a negative word.
In each conversation, someone is controlling the conversation. Sales tapes say the person controlling the conversation is in control.